Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bath bliss

Recently, I was given the opportunity to test out some products of a new, up and coming local business.  When I test any product, I
Photo courtesy of Facebook
always try to be open-minded and objective. Well, I have to say, this time around I had a hard time.  The products were so yummy, and made my skin feel so amazing, that this will be a pretty biased blog post. 


Jenifer Walker, of the The Naked Pearl (love the name) is the talent behind a new line of bath and body products.  All natural, and all locally made, these products not only smell amazing but really work to hydrate your skin.  I was lucky enough to try out a few of her things which included: A lavender bath bomb, sugar scrub, coffee scrub, and a shea butter bath melt. 

Jenifer kindly dropped off this lovely package for me last weekend and I was able to indulge in a few moments of "me time." This literally NEVER happens.  I never have baths anymore. I'm pretty sure the last time I had an actual bath was before my first kiddo....6 years ago. This gave me the opportunity to actually relax and enjoy some quiet time all to myself.  It was intentional and I love that about bath products.  They force you to stop doing "life" for a minute, and smell the roses (or lavender, in this case).

I started with the lavender bath bomb.  When I drew the water, I dropped it in and immediately the smell of lavender filled my bathroom.  Not only that, but as the bomb fizzed away in the tub, little lavender flowers burst out and made my bath even more fragrant (and fun).  This bomb is definitely for lavender lovers.  The bathwater felt silky and conditioning, so I literally soaked in the tub and just enjoyed.  I even pulled out a book to read.  Once I had had enough (and my skin was beyond pruny), my skin was left with a subtle lavender fragrance and I felt calm and relaxed.  It was an awesome way to end my day and snuggle into bed. 

Photo Courtesy of Facebook
The next day, I figured I would give the sugar scrub a go.  It's quite liquidy, so I scooped it out by hand and attacked my dry, achy feet with it.  Amazing.  The scrub felt great - the granules of sugar and sea salt really worked wonders on my dry skin, and after I rinsed it off, my skin felt clean, "glowy," and very moisturized. No daily moisturizing needed with this scrub.  I also found that when I showered the next day after the scrub treatment, the oils were still moisturizing my legs and feet.  It was like I deep cleaned my skin and the moisturizer was soaked in.  A worthwhile product as far as I'm concerned. 


Photo Courtesy of Facebook
The bath melt was great as well.  I treated myself to another bath (a major perk to sampling Jenifer's products - two baths in one week!).  The bath melt literally melted into the water and left my skin feeling silky and smooth.  It was like the moisturizer was infused in the water, which in turn conditioned my skin.  This wasn't as "fun" as the bath bomb (fizzy water is always fun!) but gave me a more relaxed, conditioned feeling. 

Last, but not least, the coffee scrub.  This was similar to the sugar scrub in that the consistency was also liquidy and had the granules in it, but the smell...OH the smell!  If you are a coffee lover, you will adore this. It literally smells like that gourmet coffee place you walk into and get enveloped with "Columbian Organic Free Trade" coffee smell.   I decided to try this out during my morning shower routine.  I scooped some out onto my bath pouf and literally started to feel energized as I applied it to my skin.  My skin felt the same way as when I applied the sugar scrub: tingly, clean and super moisturized, but with the additional smell of coffee! When I dried off, my skin didn't smell overtly of COFFEE but was left with a pleasant, subtle fragrance.  I still cannot get over how smooth and moisturized my skin felt.  I highly recommend this scrub for mornings.  Made me feel like I could tackle the day. 

Overall, Jenifer's products are wonderful and knowing that they are handmade by a local gal, made me feel even better about using them.  There is a Facebook page for you to peruse and purchase her products as well as a Twitter account. Check her things out, support local and treat yourself to a heavenly array of moisturized goodness.

Have a great day, London


All opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the Locally Urban Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing review! I can't wait to try these products. I've used Jenifer Walkers aromatherapy mixes and they too are amazing! I agree that bath time is under rated device-free quiet 'me' time.

    ReplyDelete